Many early morning bootcampers are crunched for time between their workouts and work. Finding a breakfast that is easy, quick and helps in muscle recovery (aka lean protein) might be daunting. But Ultimate Bootcamp Trainer Ashley Maheris has an incredible egg recipe that packs a powerful punch and bakes while your household gets ready to brave the day.
Baked Eggs Over Spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tomato, chopped
16 oz. spinach
4 oz. coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add tomato, salt and petter to taste, let simmer about 3 minutes
- Add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Transfer mixture to a 2 quart baking dish
- Separate eggs from yolks, keeping yolks as intact as possible. Beat egg whites until fluffy and pour over spinach and tomato mixture.
- Place whole yolks over the top and add coconut cream. If you're watching your cholesterol, reduce the number of yolks.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Read more about Ashley...