Thursday, April 19

On Tap Goes to Bootcamp: Post 9

This session, we've invited a Boston blogger, Elizabeth from On Tap for Today, to attend Ultimate Bootcamp as a way to change up her routine and help increase her running speed. Elizabeth will be blogging about her Ultimate Bootcamp experience, and we'll be posting her entries here as well. Check out her blog and follow along!

I can’t believe my four weeks of Ultimate Bootcamp have come to an end; the time truly flew by.  Our last two days featured great workouts by the water.
On Wednesday, Kim brought us back to the beach, where it all began.  I seemed to have misunderstood the assignment when it came to one of our first drills, monster walking, suicide-style, in the sand with resistance bands.  I quickly found myself at the back of the pack, quads burning and legs shaking.  Apparently I missed Kim’s instruction about setting the appropriate amount of resistance.
Once I caught on, it got easier.  Slightly.
Wednesday’s workout included:
  • Warm-up and cool-down runs
  • Side shuffling in the sand with a resistance tube
  • Push-ups (regular, dive bombers, staggered)
  • Squats
  • Planks
  • Mountain climbers
  • Bear crawls
  • Crab walks
We also completed a fitness test, counting the number of squats we could complete in one minute, which we compared to our results from Day 1.  I improved by six squats, but more importantly, I’m much more confident in my form.
Now if only I could figure out how to keep the sand out of my shoes.
Thursday’s workout included:
  • Incline push-ups
  • Triceps dips
  • Hills
  • Plyometrics
  • Squat thrusts
  • Lunges
  • Squats
  • Jumping jacks
  • Running
I was so excited to earn my Ultimate Bootcamp shirt after four weeks of awesome morning workouts.  I’ve loved the community and camaraderie, and look forward to signing up for another session soon.  I cannot say enough about the program, truly.  I feel stronger, faster, and fitter.  Plus, getting up before the sun?  It’s a piece of cake now.
Elizabeth writes at On Tap for Today, a Boston-based lifestyle blog featuring inspiration for fun, healthy and full living.  She is a non-profit executive, a two-time marathoner, and an avid Boston sports fan.  You can follow Elizabeth's adventures at Ultimate Bootcamp on her blog, or on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment