Thursday, April 12

On Tap for Today Goes to Bootcamp: Post 8

This session, we've invited a Boston blogger, Elizabeth from On Tap for Today, to attend Ultimate Bootcamp as a way to change up her routine and help increase her running speed. Elizabeth will be blogging about her Ultimate Bootcamp experience, and we'll be posting her entries here as well. Check out her blog and follow along!


I wish I had brought my May 2010 issue of Fitness Magazine to Monday’s workout. Yep, there I am.  A spritely 28 year old at the time.
We earned every, single one of those downhills.  All twenty of them.  Kim ran us over to G Street for an hour’s worth of hills.  Half-way through the workout, I was very much regretting the forty-seven mini Reese’s cups I consumed on Easter Sunday (and now my RD knows why I wasn’t feeling well….)
We climbed G Street and then made our way around the Heights, one hilly street at a time.  I barely survived.  That’s only a slight exaggeration.
Monday’s workout included:
  • Squats
  • Lunges
  • Reverse lunges (up G Street… not normal)
  • Sprints
  • Stairs
  • Squat jumps
  • Calf raises
  • More running
When I got home, my FitBit read 5.01 miles… and it was just barely 7 AM.  While I wouldn’t say I enjoyed the workout while we were actually working out, I was quite pleased that I was able to hang in there.  And I rewarded myself with a 10 minute post-shower nap.  Sometime you just need to get back into bed.
After an extremely long Monday, and knowing that I had to be at the office bright and early the next day, I gave myself a pass on Tuesday’s workout.
Though I felt a bit like a sloth, and was reluctant to break my perfect attendance streak, it seemed more important to give my little body a rest.  Plus, I was itching to get a run in Tuesday night and knew it would be much more likely to happen with a little extra sleep and a much needed stretch.
And when we spend Wednesday’s crawling through the sand?  Man, was I thankful for the rest.  More on our last workout with Kim to follow.  In the meantime, Ultimate Bootcamp is hosting a ‘Run to Home Base’ Bootcamp Blast this Saturday, from 9:30-10:30 AM at Arsenal Park in Watertown.  Proceeds from the class ($18 per person) will benefit the Red Sox Foundation’s Home Base program.  Click here to register for this great workout for a great cause.
Elizabeth writes at On Tap for Today, a Boston-based lifestyle blog featuring inspiration for fun, healthy and full living.  She is a non-profit executive, a two-time marathoner, and an avid Boston sports fan.  You can follow Elizabeth's adventures at Ultimate Bootcamp on her blog, or on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment