|Stacy Schwartz, Health Coach|
Family and friends come together for the Holidays, and a house full of hungry guests can make it hard to please everyone. From a halibut entrée to a holiday ‘nog with a twist, check out these two delicious healthy holiday recipes.
Honey Macadamia Halibut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4-ounce halibut fillets (1-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Chop nuts, spread on a cookie sheet, and toast in the oven or in a toaster on 350 degrees until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Check every minute or two and stir or spin tray around to toast evenly.
- Rinse fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook one side of fillet over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Flip each fillet and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- While fish is in the pan, spread a layer of honey on each fillet and add a layer of nuts on top.
- Flip over and cook for 2 minutes and add honey and nuts to the top side.
- Flip again and cook 2 minutes.
- Halibut is cooked when the meat is no longer translucent.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- (This dish goes great with steamed string beans).
Holiday Eggnog Protein Shake
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tray ice
- 1 tbsp. raw coconut oil
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!